It is very important to us that your personal information is safe and secure, and only used for the right reasons. This privacy notice explains why we collect personal information and how we use it. It also tells you about your legal rights.
Who are we?
We are LGM Management Services Limited. We are the appointed managers of Local Government Mutual Limited (“the Mutual”). We outsource the Mutual’s Member recruitment and day to day management to Regis Mutual Management Limited (“Regis”) and LGA Commercial Services Limited (LGACS). When we say “we” and “our” in this privacy notice that includes Regis and LGACS.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We will collect, use and store personal information for our legitimate business interests and the legitimate interests of the Mutual and so that we can:
- tell you about the Mutual and its products and services
- obtain information about your Authority and its risk protection requirements and risk profile
- deal with your Authority’s application for membership and risk protection
- seek your views on the quality and development of the Mutual’s products and services
- comply with regulatory and legal requirements
- respond to complaints
- carry out market research.
What sort of personal information do we collect?
The information we collect will be your:
- name and business address
- business telephone number and email address
- job title.
Do we share personal information with anyone else?
We may share your personal information with the Mutual in connection with your Authority’s application for membership and protection. We will not give information to anyone else unless you agree or we are allowed or required by law to disclose it
We do not give personal information to any other organisation for their own marketing purposes.
The police and other law enforcement authorities can ask for personal information to detect or prevent crime or to comply with legal obligations. If they ask, we have to give the information
How long do we keep personal information?
We will only keep the information for as long as we need to use it for the purposes it was given to us and for our business needs in line with our information retention standards (available on request), or as required by law or regulation.
When we no longer need to keep personal information we will securely and confidentially destroy it.
Do we send personal information outside the UK and the European Economic Area?
We do not currently send personal information outside the UK or the European Economic Area, but, if we ever did, we would have a contract in place to make sure that the information is protected if we give it to businesses and organisations in countries that do not provide the same level of personal information protection as the UK.
What are my rights?
The law gives you special rights. You have the right to:
- know if we hold your information
- know what we use it for
- know what sort of information we hold
- know who we share it with
- know how long we will keep your information
- receive a copy of the information we hold
- have irrelevant information deleted
- have any inaccuracies corrected
- restrict the way your information is used until inaccuracies are corrected
- in some cases, have your information deleted from our records.
Who do I need to contact about the information you hold about me or if I have a concern?
If you have any questions about why we collect your information and how it is used, or:
- if you want a copy of it
- if you are unhappy with the way your information is being used
- you believe we should not be using it
please contact –
The Information Officer
LGM Management Services Limited
8 Maltings Place
169 Tower Bridge Road
London SE3 3JB
Telephone: 0207 099 2572
If you wish to make a complaint about the way we use your information, we will deal with your complaint as quickly as we can.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
You can contact the ICO by:
completing the details at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/
telephoning 0303 123 1113
Information Commissioner’s Office